Thursday 9 July 2015

Noughts and Crosses

Title: Noughts and Crosses

Author: Malorie Blackman

Rating:4/5

Reading Time: 1-2 days (there are 119 chapters)

Bookworm Appeal: Black and White controversy in reverse?
                               : Romance?
                               : Plot Twists? (like at least 3)
                               : Long Read?
                               : Action?
                               : Betrayal?

There's so much I added a 6th appeal.



Review

OMG!!!! After reading this book I wanted to KILL Malorie Blackman for what she did. But, being the awesome person that I am, I'm not going to tell you bookies why because I hate it when people SPOIL me AGAINST my will. I love her writing it just made me feel like the one of the characters in the story. (I used one of because she writes in both Sephy's and Callum's perspective, I loved that she did that) Go READ IT like NOOOOWWW!!!

Summary

It's the Black/White controversy in reverse, The whites are slaves and the blacks are on top but, instead of saying black and white she used Nought = White and Cross = Black. Thus the title Noughts and Crosses. It's a tragic love story about how Sephy a Cross and Callum a Nought find love and deal with loses.

Profiles

Sephy- a.k.a. Persephone (like the greek godess Persephone daughter of Demeter and wife to Hades #pjo #HoO #BoO #I'minthefandom), quirky, short sighted (as in thinking skills not her actual sight), rich, 14 (well in the beginning of the book), comes from a messed up home and LOVES CALLUM

Callum- poor, has mentally unstable siblings, Nought, family drama, serious, smart, curious, loves to learn, super sweet and most importantly LOVES SEPHY

There are huge plot twist throughout the entire book that I will allow you to enjoy finding out about through, I cried at the ending.

"Oh, misty eye of the mountain below. Keep careful watch of my brother's soul."
                                                                                                                            - Ed Sheeran, I see fire


 
CURRENTLY READING



No comments:

Post a Comment